Malaysia Trip 05 / 06

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Burns and Stings

After a nice long sleep we got up and went down to the beach at the hotel for a bit of relaxation. The beach is only accessible through the hotel and consequently there was hardly anyone on it apart from us for the whole afternoon. The weather was absolutely scorching hot and after an hour of sitting on a sun lounger I decided it was time to have a bit of a swim in the sea.

A big sign near the water saying "Beware of jellyfish" sparked a conversation about being stung and within 10 seconds I had managed to acheive just that. Fortunately the little blighter only just got me and so after half an hour of itchiness and red blotches on my foot it calmed down and I managed to escape without having to get someone to take a leak on me 80)

Shirley, Carl and Doug taught me to play Chinese Poker and we spent a couple of hours sitting in the sun and playing cards before going back to the hotel to get ready to go out in the evening. Back in the hotel room the full force of the sun could be witnessed as Rich's back was now lobster coloured and even I was looking a little pink in places. Rich's sunburn kept us amused for a while as he had a kind of half handprint where he had missed a spot while putting on suntan lotion.

We had spotted a massive food court on our travels the night before and so went back there for dinner. I finally got to eat some Asam Larksa which Susie had highly recommended after her trip here and I was not disappointed. Very tasty!! The food court had a very well stocked fruit stall and so we were introduced to a number of fruits you wouldn't see in the UK most of which were pretty good although I was struggling to tell how there is any difference between apple and guava - Doug was confused as to how I could think that so I guess I'm just not a fruit person. Ah well, bring on more noodle soup then!

After dinner we made another trip to the night markets and spent plenty more money. The fake clothing trade over here is massive and the quality of the fakes is extremely high. You can buy pretty much any brand you want for about two quid and so I came back with a selection of Quiksilver, Billabong and Oakley gear which would have cost me a small fortune in England.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home